On Sunday, June 6, 2010, SV Moms Group and BitDefender brought together 50 local DC Metro Moms Blog bloggers and 20 sponsoring companies to our fifth Brand-Blogger Meet-up. This time we convened at the lovely Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City. The intent of our meet-ups is to connect brands targeted to women with influential mom bloggers and to build community.
Also attending as sponsors were: Bosch Appliances, TLC, Stonyfield, Cinnabon, iGo, Army of Women, Cultural Care Au Pair, Lawry's, Lice Happens, 23andMe, Yoplait Kids, Dorel Juvenille Group, Eden Fantasys, and Easy Print Design. Thank you so much for participating and making this event possible.
Check out photos from the event at the Flickr stream.
A brunch hosted by our Co-Host sponsor, BitDefender, opened the day, after which an open and honest two-hour discussion was held, led by SV Moms Group advisor Samantha Fein and editor Vanessa Druckman, about how brands and bloggers are working together.
Following the two hour round-table discussion, the brands and bloggers moved into the ballroom for drinks, food, and one-on-one networking. Here is what a few of our attendees had to share about their experiences meeting with brands, networking and catching up (IN REAL LIFE) with fellow SV Mom Group Bloggers in Washington, DC.
- Stimey from Stimeyland had her socks knocked off
- Thien-Kim from I'm Not the Nanny hangs with people who understand her twitter addiction
- Cara Mamma from Cara Mamma is playing with the big boys
- Amanda from Parenting by Dummies provides a profile of a power mom blogger
- Minky from Dial M for Minky dials M for Minky, Motherhood and Mimosas
- Kimberley from Petroville parties like a blog star
- Rebekah from Mom in a Million has a weekend adventure in blogging
- Elaine from Connor and Helen Grow Up engages in cupcake wars
- Claire Jess from Crunchy Chewey Mama wheels away with goodies and gets lucky
- Jill from Musings From Me discusses the big event and the litl webbook she won: @litl: Works for Web-Surfy Family of #mom #dad #kid #tween #teen and @litl and cloud computing
- Leticia from Tech Savvy Mama reveals lessons learned about relationships from brands and bloggers
- Amy from Teach Mama gets life lessons: babies, bloggers and brands
- JJ from Caffeine and a Prayer sucks less (power) with the iGo charger and writes about social media: the new power of women